Kanye West - Yeezus: The not very comprehensive but adequate review

I am going to be honest here. The Yeezus album was entertaining and legendary because of all the fuss and hype surrounding it. Other than that it may not have been that scandalous, artsy fartsy, progressive or even good. That's actually the bottom line for my whole review. I have just put it right on top for your convenience. You don't even have to read on for (Yeezus) Christ's sake!


But first, a little context and buzzzzz:




But let's cut to the chase. This is the review of the album:
"On sight" is an excellent opening track and very promising. Most of the following tracks are kind of annoying sound-wise even though they might be beautifully crafted. Notable exceptions are "Blood On The Leaves" and "Bound 2".

I am a god/ hurry up with my damn croissant. (Kanye on "I am a god")

I still can't quite get over the fact that mister Yeezus Christ took a very sad and moving track about slavery and made it totally about himself and his problems that virtually no one in the world can relate to (you know, god problems). Still it sounds so damn good, I can't help myself...

Kanye West - Yeezus (2013), the verdict:

2/10 easy_listening
8/10 drive_through_town_with_the_windows_down
4/10 classic
5/10 overall

Yeah, I mean. I don't know. Album: 5/10. Drama, hype, fun-to-talk-about-the-thing? 10/10.

Oh and I got to give it to him. The guy knows where to find excellent samples: Voilá, Wee - "Aeroplane" as in "Bound 2".

Posted in , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.